This week’s Under The Gunn runway challenge was inspired by the upcoming Pompeii movie release. Get the look that is right on trend for spring 2014, braids for any length of hair!
Winning Look: Long Hair
Smooth and refresh the hair by blow drying using a round brush. You can spray a little heat is on daily protective primer to protect hair and add moisture.
- Begin by curling large sections of hair to create soft waves
- Spray textstyle dry texture spray all over to add hold and natural texture
- Divide hair down the center and back to create two pig tails.
- Braid each pig tail and up & over to the opposite side of the crown of the head, bobby pin to secure
- Finish with after blow strong hold finishing spray
“During this week’s challenge, the blowpro team had to get very creative. Each designer’s look called for a unique braided hair style however, not all of the models had long hair to braid. The team had to work with extensions and hair pieces to construct the illusion of braided crowns for some of the models.” ~Gregory Patterson
Part II of this blog post will discuss his tips for creating braided hairstyles on short hair.